The Myrtice Bell Scholarship Fund (MBSF) was established in honor of Sister Myrtice Bell for her relentless dedication to the spiritual training of the children and youth at Mount Welcome Missionary Baptist Church.
The 2023 scholar application has closed. However, you may contribute to the scholarship fund all year.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Scholarship Selection Criteria
- The applicant must be an active member of Mount Welcome Missionary Baptist Church for a period of at least one year prior to applying.
- The applicant must be a graduating senior attending an accredited High School and who will meet all the Necessary requirements for graduation with a College Prep or Technology Diploma by the end of May 2023.
- The applicant must be accepted at a college, university, or technical college showing proof of an acceptance letter. If student does not enroll, the check will be returned to the Scholarship Committee.
Applicants will be selected based on the following:
- At least a 2.5 core average or a 2.7 over all grade point average.
- Submission of three recommendations: (school, church, community, or job)
- Submission of a 2-page typed essay
- Submission of all sections of the application, including a headshot/clear photo
- Submission of an official transcript verifying grades and proof of graduation.
- Submission of community service activities (must be typed)
Once applicants have completed all sections of the application packet, it can be returned to Sis. Rose Porter, left at the church office or emailed to email@example.com .
Scholarships will be awarded in amounts set by the scholarship committee based on the number of qualified applicants and available funds.